As the Principal you will have the opportunity to:
• be welcomed into a supportive and thriving school, parish and town community
• lead evidence-informed school improvement in key areas: Catholic Identity and Mission, Learning and Wellbeing, Community and Resources within St Joseph’s School
• collaborate with Riverland Principal colleagues to enhance Catholic Education in line with regional priorities
• contribute to Diocese of Port Pirie culture, strategy and community building.
As the Principal you will be welcomed into St Joseph’s School and become an integral part of our Catholic learning community. The Principal will make a significant contribution at school, regional and system levels, leading a school development and improvement strategy benchmarked against the CESA Living Learning Leading Framework and Standard and within the context of CESA’s Towards 2027: Expanding Horizons and Deepening Practice.
We are seeking a faith-filled lifelong learner who:
• is an active member of their Catholic Sunday Eucharistic community
• has a sound knowledge and appreciation of contemporary R-6 education, and demonstrated instructional leadership capabilities
• has the capacity to create and lead a respectful and caring community where all may feel they belong
• has an understanding of the public commitment to Church leadership required of a school leader
• can demonstrate leadership skills of a high order
• has relevant post-graduate qualifications at Masters level or above
We are Catholic Education South Australia with more than 8,400 staff who are Raising Hearts and Minds of almost 50,000 students in 103 Catholic schools.
The Diocese of Port Pirie, under the governance and guidance of Bishop Karol Kulczycki and Ms Nichii Mardon, Director of Catholic Education in the diocese, including St Joseph’s School, proudly includes 14 schools, educating over 4000 students.
Through our commitment to educational excellence, we provide dynamic, innovative and personalised learning in a Catholic context, from Early Years to Year 12.
Our schools work in partnership with families to educate and nurture the whole person, helping them to be thriving, capable learners and leaders for the world God desires.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to request the Information Package from Recruitment email address: [email protected]. This package provides context and further information on how to apply for this position.