Position Description (PDF)
Our team is growing, come join us!
The 30 Catholic schools and colleges of the Cairns Diocese educate almost 11,500 students – from Tully in the south, west to the Atherton Tablelands, and north to the Torres Strait.
The Student Wellbeing & Diversity directorate is a growing, multidisciplinary team of professionals who support the inclusion and wellbeing of students. We have a number of permanent and fixed term opportunities with flexible work options including full and part time roles.
We are seeking applications registered or graduate Speech Language Pathologists for fixed term opportunities (12 months with the possibility of extension). Applications from both full time/part time candidates are welcome!
What we offer
- Applications from new graduates welcome
- CEO Allied Health Scale - $87,673 to $133,238 gross per annum (full time equivalent)
- We are a growing, dynamic team consisting of Allied Health professionals, psychologists, counsellors, and educators
- We believe in lifelong learning and provide ongoing professional learning and networking opportunities
- Supervision and peer supervision provided
- Flexible work arrangements are available including RDOs - we welcome applications from both full time/part time candidates
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading and additional leave purchasing options
- Occasional overnight travel required
- Salary packaging offers available including new vehicle options
- Negotiable start date
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
Emily Bishop (Manager Therapy Services) leads a team of Allied Health providers. Therapy service provision encompasses speech language pathology, occupational therapy and physiotherapy, working closely with schools to ensure that each student can access and participate in the school environment.
Therapists work within the educational setting to provide supports for schools, school staff and students through assessment, intervention, implementation of strategies and recommendations, collaboration with school-based teams for goal setting and care team planning, and professional development with a focus on capacity building.
- Applications from new graduates welcome!
- Degree in Speech Pathology from a recognised tertiary institution
- Eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Evidence of a Current Working with Children Card (Blue Card)
- Hold a current driver's licence
To apply: Applications must include a resume and a cover letter outlining your experience, addressing the mandatory qualifications/requirements within the position description and if you are seeking a full time or part time position.
Closing date: Friday 29 July 2022
Note: We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if suitable applications received.
Intending applicants must be fully committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation.
Catholic Education is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply, please visit our careers page and lodge your application online