Mount St Bernard College, Herberton is seeking applications for an Assistant Principal - Mission to join their team in October 2021. View Job on Website
- Full Time
- Fixed Term Position
- 30 Hours Per week
- Commitment to 'Closing the Gap' for First Nations People essential
Commencing: 5 October 2021 or by negotiation
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 13 August 2021
This position holds a substantive Teacher position within the Cairns Diocese.
Working for Catholic Education Services, Cairns
Catholic Education is one of the largest non-government employers in the Far North. Employment in Catholic schools in the Cairns Diocese offers a variety of teaching jobs, non-teaching jobs and leadership positions. Professional, administrative and leadership positions also exist with the Diocese’s education office, Catholic Education Services (CES).
About Mount St Bernard College, Herberton
Mount St Bernard College offers a quality, Catholic secondary education for young people, male and female, in Years 7 through 12. At MSB we are proud of our Mercy traditions, while remaining responsive to the contemporary needs of students who seek a faith-based education that will stand them in good stead for the future. Our College is a culturally diverse community which provides a holistic education that nurtures the academic, spiritual, emotional, physical, cultural and social development of individual students in a caring, safe and supportive environment.
At MSB we recognise the individuality of every one of our students. We seek to help each student become the best person they can be, by providing quality learning and teaching and making available a rich tapestry of sporting,artistic and other co-curricular activities, to help them discover and develop their personal giftedness..
Please see the College website for further information.
Mandatory Qualifications & Requirements
- Professional qualifications in Education and Religion, as per Queensland Catholic Education Commission Position Statement for Senior Leadership Position in Catholic Schools in Queensland;
- Registered or eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers;
- Successful teaching experience, including religious education;
- Demonstrated ability in curriculum development, including knowledge of contemporary education issues at state and national levels; Written and verbal communication skills of a high order;
- Demonstrated commitment to the pastoral care of members of the school community; Skills for building community, including facilitation, delegation and consultation;
- Willingness to support and participate in the prayer, liturgy and sacramental life of the Church in the school community;
- Capacity to understand and implement Duty of Care and Workplace Health and Safety requirements;
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education;
- Current drivers licence
- Promote child safety at all times
How to Apply
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website - www.cns.catholic.edu.au
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 13 August 2021 Catholic Education is an equal opportunity employer. Intending applicants must be fully committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation.