About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, we’ve provided services in some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
About the program
Brosnan Learning Centre
Jesuit Social Services is establishing a new School – the Brosnan Learning Centre.
Enrolling students for the first time in 2021, the Brosnan Learning Centre offers an education that fosters responsibility and transformation, and that engages young people who have had a severely disrupted education and are at significant risk of incarceration and/or further involvement with the youth justice system.
As a specialist Catholic Secondary School guided by a Catholic social ethos and Ignatian heritage, we will provide a holistic education, so that students can experience success in a safe and supportive environment. The Brosnan Learning Centre will enable students to restore hope, experience a sense of belonging, flourish and reach their potential.
The Brosnan Learning Centre will open in Term 1 of 2021, initially enrolling approximately 20 young men, aged 15 – 17, offering the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) as the curriculum.
About the role
The Principal will lead the establishment of the Brosnan Learning Centre as a contemporary and dynamic place of learning excellence, and which caters for student needs and aspirations.
This position will ensure the implementation of Child Safe Standards and embed best practice that prioritises the safety and wellbeing of children, at all times. As well as developing collaborative partnerships to support the growth, sustainability and reputation of the Brosnan Learning Centre.
Competitive remuneration, plus salary packaging benefit is offered together with ongoing professional and career development.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Extensive teaching experience, with demonstrated capacity to lead and sustain the Brosnan Learning Centre; experience teaching students with complex learning and support needs, is preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and supervise a dedicated and talented team of professional teachers and related support staff, with preferred leadership experience at schools with students who exhibit complex learning and support needs.
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with a senior leadership team to achieve organisational goals and to work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Experience in establishing senior-level networks within education systems, government, community sectors and associated bodies to achieve change.
- Demonstrated experience in building strategic relationships with key stakeholders and experience in representing the organisation.
- Extensive, high-level interpersonal skills including leadership, communication, change-management and conflict resolution.
- Outstanding strategic, conceptual, analytical and creative skills.
- Exceptional budgeting and financial management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with particular capability and experience delivering presentations to a broad range of external audiences.
- Capacity to fulfil all reporting and compliance requirements associated with the position and as determined by the various regulatory bodies (VRQA, CEM, DET etc.)
- Current VIT registration
How to apply
The position description can be found on our website www.jss.org.au
For further information please contact Catherine Neville, Executive Director – Advocacy and Strategic Communications on 0407 318 832.
Applicants are required to respond to each of the Key Selection Criteria, with names and contact numbers of two referees. Your responses to the Key selection criteria should be incorporated into your cover letter and applications that do not directly address Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Please apply in confidence.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 5 November 2020.
Applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date and may be subject to change without notice.
Jesuit Social Services is a Child Safe organisation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing a family friendly working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.