Position Description (PDF)
- Lead the integration of Mission in an International NGO
- Sydney based role with the possibility of a Melbourne location for the right candidate
- Competitive salary in the not-for-profit sector, with full FBT benefits available
We are seeking a Head of Mission Integration who will play an integral leadership role in the next chapter of Caritas Australia’s history as an incorporated entity.
It’s an exciting time to join us as we finalise our vision and mission statements and we launch our 10-year strategic plan.
You will thrive as the Head of Mission Integration if you have strengths in:
- Mentoring senior leaders in a Catholic organisation
- Ensuring close alignment between mission, strategic priorities and organisational culture
- Verbal and written communication with the capacity to engage effectively with a variety of audiences, including staff members, the Board of directors and the public
- Modelling leadership which is holistic, inclusive and exemplifies servant leadership
About your next role
You will be involved in:
- Providing vision and leadership for mission integration throughout Caritas Australia
- Developing measurable goals for mission integration and creating strategies to achieve them
- Enabling the productive input of mission leadership within key decision-making groups throughout the organisation
- Making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people
About Caritas Australia
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity.
Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of their religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Curious to know more?
- Read about our employee benefits: www.caritas.org.au/about/jobs/employee-benefits
- Learn more about Caritas Australia and our work: www.caritas.org.au/
- Learn more about the principles of Catholic Social Teaching: www.caritas.org.au/learn/cst
- For further information on this role, please contact [email protected]
Are you our next Head of Mission Integration?
If you believe in justice (not indifference), partnership (not pity) and a hand-up (not a hand-out), then we’d love for you to apply.
Please send your application to [email protected] with a subject line indicating the role title and the channel where you saw the role advertised (e.g. Head of Mission Integration via Ethical Jobs).
This advertisement will remain open until the right candidate has been found.
Your application needs to include:
- A cover letter outlining why you want to work for Caritas, how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role, and where relevant your residency/work status
- Your CV / resume
Attention to detail is something we value! For your application to be considered, we ask:
- In the email subject line, please write the role title and the job platform where you saw the role advertised (e.g. Head of Mission & Integration via Ethical Jobs).
- When saving your files to attach (i.e. your cover letter and CV), please write your name, the document type and the job title in that order (e.g. John Smith CV Head of Mission Integration.doc)
- Before submitting your application, please check you have included both documents as above.
Our commitment to safeguarding
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. If this position requires a Working with Children Check, it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to obtain one before starting work. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo other relevant background checks.
Our commitment to diversity
Caritas Australia supports an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.