Working for Catholic Education Services, Cairns
Catholic Education is one of the largest non-government employers in the Far North. Employment in Catholic schools in the Cairns Diocese offers a variety of teaching jobs, non-teaching jobs and leadership positions. Professional, administrative and leadership positions also exist with the Diocese’s education office, Catholic Education Services (CES).
About St Clare's School, Tully
With a healthy enrolment of around 160 students, St Clare's school is valued by the local community, with strong links to it and a great reputation for providing a quality education for all students. Tully is a coastal town on the Cassowary Coast situated about 135kms south of Cairns. The Cassowary Coast region’s population is almost 29,000.
To find out more about St Clare's school, please visit their website -https://www.stclares.qld.edu.au/
- Fixed Term Position (5 Year Contract)
- 12 hours APRE Release
- 18 hours Classroom Teacher
- Commencing: 16 January 2021
Mandatory Qualifications and Requirements
- Participation in and commitment to the sacramental life of the Church
- Understanding and commitment to education in the Catholic tradition
- Professional qualifications in Education and Religion as per Queensland Catholic Education Commission Position Statement for Senior Leadership Positions in Catholic Schools in Queensland
- Successful teaching experience including religious education
- Leadership experience:
- Written and verbal communication skills of a high order
- Demonstrated commitment to the Pastoral Care of members of the school community
- Skills for building community including facilitation, delegation and consultation
- Professional qualifications in Education
- Registered or eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers
- Current drivers licence
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education
- Promote child safety at all time
How to Apply
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website www.cns.catholic.edu.au
Applications Close 5pm, Wednesday 30 September 2020
Catholic Education is an equal opportunity employer.
Intending applicants must be fully committed to creating and maintaining a child-safe organisation.