An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and innovative educational leader to oversee the establishment and development of a new Catholic Secondary College in the Diocese of Rockhampton. Applications are invited for the position of Foundation Principal at the yet to be named new Mackay Catholic Secondary College, opening in January 2022.
Catholic Education serves approximately 17 000 students across 10 kindergartens, 31 primary schools and 8 secondary colleges within the Diocese of Rockhampton, striving to provide life-long faith education, relevant, holistic, quality education and assisting all in their search for meaning for life. Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton serves communities from Bundaberg in the south to Mackay in the north and west to Longreach.
A rewarding opportunity
As Foundation Principal, you will be part of the leadership within Catholic Education – Diocese of Rockhampton. As such you will lead a team of educators who are dedicated to ensuring students are provided with the very best opportunities to achieve their potential in a positive, safe and supportive environment. As principal, you will ensure the faith formation of students is central to their growth and development as young people and enable them to be productive members of their community. In addition, support is provided by the Catholic Education Office with expertise in Catholic Identity, Teaching and Learning, Indigenous Education, School Development and Organisational Services, including, ICT, Finance, Human Resources and Student Protection.
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary range
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Professional Renewal Leave
- Relocation assistance
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
How to apply
- Complete the application form (by clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page).
- Address selection criteria (outlined in section 7 of the application form) please refer to the Position Description and A Vision for Christian Leadership in the Diocese of Rockhampton to support your response.
- Email referee reports to your nominated referees for their completion.
- Submit your application, selection criteria and supporting documentation to
Catholic Education - Diocese of Rockhampton
Telephone: (07) 4994 8086
The successful applicant will be required to commence 18 January 2021.
- For a confidential conversation please contact Michael McCusker on 07 4994 8000
- For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Application close: 6 October 2020
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.