POSITION TITLE: Education Officer – Primary Religious Education
REMUNERATION SCALE: EO per Victorian Catholic Education Multi Enterprise Agreement 2018 Anticipated salary range $106,300 -$124,516
REPORTS TO: Team Leader of the Catholic Identity Team through Senior Education Officer Religious Education
FULL TIME EQUIVALENT: 1.0
Based Bendigo, Shepparton or Wangaratta
- Participate in coordinated service delivery for Religious Education to schools in the diocese in liaison with the Religious Education Team to ensure effective learning & teaching and/or pastoral wellbeing practices.
- Provide ongoing, on site learning support to classroom teachers in planning, learning & teaching and/or pastoral wellbeing practice that aligns with the mandated Religious Education policy in order to build the capacity of teachers and professional learning teams. This includes participating in the delivery of the Teacher Accreditation Program.
- Coordinate and facilitate designated networks and teams to ensure effective functioning in line with the annual plan for that group.
- Provide expert advice to, support for and coaching of leaders in schools in the diocese in particular area of expertise.
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the CEO’s Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management System, including requirements to report and eliminate hazards, follow instructions, and participate in training and consultation processes.
An understanding of and willingness to work within the Catholic ethos A strong understanding of and an ability to articulate the Church’s mission in Catholic education Depth of knowledge in particular area of responsibility (Religious Education) Postgraduate qualifications in Education, Religious Education and/or Theology (or willingness to undertake appropriate postgraduate study) Understanding of contemporary learning and professional learning practices.
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills Effective facilitation and presentation skills Competence in the analysis and interpretation of data Ability to work without close supervision and to act independently where appropriate Hold a Driver’s Licence and VIT registration or WWCC Coaching and the provision of adult learning
Sound organisational and administrative skills
Primary school teaching and or Leadership Proven excellence as a classroom teacher Experience in leadership of teacher teams Proven capacity to work in a team environment Proven record of commitment to ongoing professional learning, particularly in area of Religious Education and Theology
Policy development, review and implementation
To learn more about Catholic Education Sandhurst please visit our website https://www.ceosand.catholic.edu.au/
- Download the application package https://www.ceosand.catholic.edu.au/employment/positions-vacant
- Complete the application package
- Provide your supporting documents
- Send your completed application and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org