Edmund Rice Formation Team Member
Oceania Province of the Christian Brothers
Edmund Rice Province Formation Team
About Us The Edmund Rice Formation Team has been established by the Christian Brothers Oceania Province to enrich the vision, mission and values of the staff, volunteers and Board members engaged in the work of the Province Support Centres and a diverse range of Edmund Rice Ministries across Oceania Province. The Formation Team takes responsibility for developing and facilitating formation programs and experiences that aim to deepen the understanding and inspiration of a contemporary Edmund Rice spirituality among all these entities.
The Role The Formation team member will work collaboratively with the Formation Team in planning, developing and delivering effective formation programs and experiences that will respond to the developmental and diverse needs of the Province personnel. The programs will deepen an appreciation and contemporary understanding of the Edmund Rice charism and current Chapter directions and align with both the Christian story and the Universe story.
The Formation team member will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and collaborative team that works both cross-culturally and with local ministries to bring the Edmund Rice spirit alive both within Australia and on occasion, overseas.
To work collaboratively with the Formation Team in planning, developing and delivering effective formation programs and experiences to Province staff and Edmund Rice Ministry Oceania (ERMO) leaders, employees, boards and volunteers in accordance with the Chapter Directions of the Congregation of Christian Brothers.
- To work with the Province Formation Coordinator and the formation Team in providing relevant formation programs and experiences that respond to the developmental and diverse needs of Province personnel.
- To deepen an appreciation and contemporary understanding of the Edmund Rice charism and current Chapter directions.
- To ensure all formation experiences and programs offered to Province personnel are underpinned by a contemporary and authentic Edmund Rice spirituality grounded in the Christian Story and The Universe Story
- To work at times with other visiting practitioners to assist in the development and delivery of formation programs and experiences.
- To build relationships with Edmund Rice entities and Province staff across Oceania through regular meetings and visits.
- To assist in the ongoing development of the Edmund Rice Spirituality Forum.
- Other duties as assigned by the Province Formation Coordinator
Corporate Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Operate as a Team Member
Contribute to the efficient and effective functioning of the team in order to meet organisational objectives. This includes demonstrating appropriate and professional workplace behaviours, providing assistance and support to team members and personnel of Christian Brothers Oceania, and undertaking other key responsibilities or activities as directed by Management.
Demonstrate a commitment to the value of diversity by being open to the perspective of others and being courteous and respectful.
Work Health and Safety
Be proactive in caring for the health and safety of all people working within Christian Brothers Oceania.
Proactively ensure all appropriate actions are taken to implement WHS policies, procedures, training and legislative requirements
Actively participate in training, report hazards and speak up when behaviour is not acceptable
Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults
At all times act within the organisation’s Child and Vulnerable Adults policies, code of conduct and procedures and commit to the fostering of a culture of safety and care for the protection of children and vulnerable adults and a zero tolerance approach to any abuse.
Ensure all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements are met including undertaking screening for suitability to work with children, youth and vulnerable people.
If working with children, demonstrate an understanding of children’s development needs and culturally safe practices.
Follow procedures in relation to identifying and reporting child abuse
Participate in ongoing Child safety training and supervision
Risk and Governance
Operate in line with the Christian Brothers policies, code of conduct, ethics and values
Actively participate in training and report risks
Apply quality management and continuous improvement processes to all activities under direct control.
Christian Brothers Oceania Province recognizes that the skills and knowledge of its employees are critical to the success of the organization. Hence, Christian Brothers
Encourages continuous improvement through educational and formation channels; so that employees can maintain and improve job-related skills or enhance their ability.
Expects personnel to continually explore, develop and participate in activities including performance reviews, training and formation initiatives that lead to continuous improvement, professional development and a deeper understanding of and commitment to the Edmund Rice ethos.
All expenses incurred must be in accordance with budget parameters, policies and procedural requirements and be preapproved.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Spirituality or Religious Education
Experience, Certificates and Person specifications
- A current Victorian Police Records Check
- A current Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and be self-motivator
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member
- Proficient written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficient IT skills
- Ability to manage workload and deliver to deadline
- Flexibility including the ability and willingness to work after hours and on weekends from time to time – and to travel
- Experience working in adult education fields
- To participate in regular professional supervision
The Employer reserves the right to vary this position description in response to its changing needs.
Reporting and other Relationships
The Formation Team Member reports directly to the Province Formation Coordinator in the work of formation with Province staff and leaders, employees, boards and volunteers from Edmund Rice Ministries Oceania.
This position is appointed by the Province Formation Co-ordinator in consultation with the Province Leader
This is a full-time position requiring an ability to travel to all regions throughout Oceania Province.
Christian Brothers Oceania Province is a child safe organisation, committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults and has zero-tolerance of any abuse. Applicants for the position will be the subject to:
- Working with Children Check and Clearance
- Federal Police Check and Clearance
- Comply with the Oceania Province of the Christian Brothers’ Child Care, Safety & Protection Policy and Reporting Protocol
The position is full-time and for a maximum term of three years including a 6 month probation period, commencing January 2021.
Salary Range: commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter addressing the Professional Competencies addressed to: The Formation Coordinator - to firstname.lastname@example.org Or mail Attention HR: P.O. Box 851 Parkville VIC 3052.
Applications close 10:00pm (AEST) 20th September 2020.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.