Tyburn Convent is a monastery situated in the heart of London. The convent was originally established in 1910 on the site of Tyburn Tower, where many of the Catholic martyrs were slaughtered during the English Reformation. It was rebuilt in 1963, but still contains a a shrine dedicated to the English Reformation martyrs of Tyburn.
The famous "Tyburn Tree", an apparatus of death on which 105 Catholic martyrs met their fate for professing their faith during the Reformation, hangs over the main altar of the convent converting an agent of death into a tree of new life. The website, gives a detailed account of the Tyburn Tree but also the life of the cloistered Benedictine community.