About the role
This role is to deliver and coordinate CatholicCare's Chaplaincy Service to Reiby Juvenile Justice Centre. You must be of the Catholic Faith to apply for this role.
- Make an impact to the wellbeing of young people in detention
- Work within a professional multidisciplinary team
- Flexible, family friendly working arrangements
CatholicCare is a multi-service agency committed to helping those in need, regardless of religious beliefs, backgrounds or circumstances. Our Vision is for inclusive, thriving communities where human dignity of all is respected and valued. We are in a period of rapid growth and we are always looking for great people to join us!
What you will need
- Tertiary qualifications in Theology at diploma level or higher, meeting national accreditation standards
- Minimum of 5 year's experience in Pastoral Care or Ministry
- Demonstrated understanding of the social and spiritual needs of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Understanding of Aboriginal culture and ability to respond to the needs of young indigenous people and their families in an appropriate manner
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution and handling complex issue-based and/or crisis situations
What's on Offer
We understand that a healthy work life balance supports a great workforce. We offer flexible work schedules, job share arrangements and part time work.
- Competitive salaries and leave entitlements
- Flexible work arrangements for a healthy work life balance
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Excellent training and professional development opportunities
- Access to free and confidential counselling through our Employee
- Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport
Our work is about giving people a chance to succeed and there really isn't anything more rewarding than that!
Feel free to forward this vacancy to someone you may know!
It's your time NOW to make that change and become a part of something really special!
Should you wish to speak with us, contact Grant Dodds on 0408 024 743.
CatholicCare Wollongong is committed to equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
All employees are subject to probity and pre-employment checks.
To apply for this role you need to go to our website www.catholiccare.dow.org.au and apply through our online platform.
The application close date: Sunday 26 May 2019.