Position Description (PDF)
St Catherine Labouré Parish Gymea is a parish community committed to the ongoing spiritual and pastoral needs of its people. The Parish strives to support the ongoing needs of parishioners and strives to grow as an inclusive, vital and faithful Catholic community.
The Parish Secretary is a key member of the Parish’s evangelising mission. To that end, the Parish Secretary’s primary responsibility is to assist the Parish Priest with his pastoral administration, and in collaboration with Parish office staff, parishioners and key external stakeholders, work closely with the Parish in its mission of pastoral outreach. Such assistance involves providing a range of secretarial, accounts and office support services to ensure the smooth and effective operation of the Parish Office. To achieve this, the Parish Secretary will be required to:
- Work with the Parish Priest, the parish support team and volunteers in support of the vision for an inclusive and welcoming parish community
- Providing a range of secretarial, accounts and office support services to ensure the smooth and effective operation of the Parish Office
- Provide support and information to parishioners and other members of the Parish community
- Act as the Parish Safeguarding and Support Officer
This role is based in Gymea and is a part time position working approximately 4 days (30 hours) per week. Flexibility exists for the successful candidate to negotiate preferred days and daily start/finishing times.
The Parish Secretary will ideally possess the following knowledge, qualifications, and experience:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role (secretarial, clerical work, and/or office administration) or in a role encompassing the key areas of competency for this position
- A commitment to the Catholic faith and a familiarity with parish life (desirable)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Qualifications and/or experience working with Microsoft Office, Google DOCS, MYOB and PACS.
- Ability to work flexibly
- An ability to act with discretion and to maintain complete confidentiality
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to develop and build strong working relationships
- An attitude of inclusiveness and welcome with an ability to work collaboratively
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Working With Children Check and a National Police Record Check.
For a confidential discussion about this position and to obtain a copy of the Position Description please contact Anthony Spata on 0402 210 055 or email@example.com
Applications must include:
- Cover Letter (outlining why you are interested in this position and how your skills and experience align with the Key Requirements listed above) and
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday, 27 May 2019
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. Only short-listed applicants for this position will be contacted.