Position Description (PDF)
Pastoral Ministries, within the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle, has undergone a process of reimagining, renewal and rebuilding. A number of new positions have been identified, replacing previous roles within Pastoral Ministries, to assist the diocese in supporting the diocesan foundations of Worship and Prayer, Formation and Education and Mission and Outreach. The diocese sees this as an opportunity to continue to support parishes “as places for hearing God’s word, for growth in Christian life, for dialogue and proclamation, for charitable outreach and for worship and celebration” (EG n.28).
The purpose of this position is to support the work of Pastoral Ministries through the Mission and Outreach stream, by working specifically with youth and young people to develop a sense of connection to the mission imperative of our diocese - being a missionary disciple.
This position plays an important role in promoting the mission and core values of the Catholic Church and its agencies, through engaging with young people within our Catholic Community.
- Qualifications in Teaching, Social Welfare, Theology, Youth Ministry or other relevant disciplines or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in working with young people and an ability to work within the mission of the diocese
- A creative, resilient, flexible, well organised risk taker who enjoys exploring new possibilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of theology as they apply to the diocese and its agencies
- Exposure to mission promotion, education, community engagement and spiritual direction
- Ability to put together various communication tools, including reports, articles, training courses, presentations, coupled with superior communication skills
- Strong experience with the Microsoft Office suite products
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
In order to be considered for this role applicants must upload a current resume, cover letter and document outlining suitability by addressing the essential criteria above.
**Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria may mean that your application is not shortlisted.**
The successful applicant must have the right to work within Australia, hold a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or willing to obtain a WWCC, undergo a National Criminal Check, complete a Health Assessment Declaration, and hold a current Australian drivers licence.
For further information on the position description and the Diocese please contact Teresa Brierley - Director Pastoral Ministries on 02 4979 1157 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For all Human resources queries please contact Jessica Mattey – email@example.com
Applications close: 5pm 5th April 2019