Advertisement for Director of Heritage Centre Nottingham, England
Title: Director of Heritage Centre Nottingham, England
Reports to: Province Leader, Province of the Maternal Heart, England
Overall purpose: Overall management and development of the Heritage Centre
The LCM is an International Congregation of Religious women, founded by the Venerable Mary Potter in Nottingham, England in 1877. We invite applications for a Director for the Heritage Centre in Nottingham. The role is required to ensure the provision of a unique, innovative and interactive service that honours the legacy of Mary Potter and the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary. The centre opened in 2010, is home to the artefacts of the LCM and provides an interactive experience journeying with the Founder, Venerable Mary Potter. The centre depicts the life and spirituality of the founder as she began the LCM in Hyson Green, Nottingham and how the story continues to the present day. It provides space for individuals, local and international groups to meet with guides and avail of the experience.
The successful applicant will:
- Promote the life and vision of Mary Potter and the Mission and Spirituality of the LCM by working on projects and programmes that will assist the LCM to further develop the Centre.
- Be accountable for the day to day operations of the Heritage Centre and work with LCM Sisters on future programmes and opportunities.
- Ensure effective and efficient operation of the Heritage Centre, is responsible for the overall monitoring of planned maintenance, staff and resources inclusive of budgeting.
- Further develop the Heritage Centre by means of networking and promoting the Heritage Centre locally and internationally.
Hours of employment: The position is full time at 35-37.5 hours per week with flexibility.
Salary Package: Commensurate with experience
Method of application: Initial enquires in the first instance maybe directed to the Province Leader to request a Position Description or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website at www.lcmsisters.org.uk
- A brief covering letter, addressed to the Province Leader outlining the key reasons for your interest in the position
- A resumé that outlines your employment history and relevant qualifications and experience (the resumé should not exceed three pages)
- A response to the eight Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description (responses to the criteria should not exceed four pages)
- The names and contact details of three referees.
- Applications to be received by email and include a letter of application addressing the essential requirements and desired attributes as outlined above.
Postal applications may be sent to:
93 Gunnersbury Avenue Ealing London
Applications close: Tuesday 30 April 2019 at 5.00 pm
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 20 May 2019