Position Description (PDF)
Pastoral Ministries, within the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle, has undergone a process of reimagining, renewal and rebuilding. A number of new positions have been identified, replacing previous roles within Pastoral Ministries, to assist the diocese in supporting the diocesan foundations of Worship and Prayer, Formation and Education and Mission and Outreach. The diocese sees this as an opportunity to continue to support parishes “as places for hearing God’s word, for growth in Christian life, for dialogue and proclamation, for charitable outreach and for worship and celebration” (EG n.28).
The purpose of this position is to provide high-level administrative support to the Formation and Education Team. You will also be responsible for Formation/Education, event management and functions.
- Certificate IV in Business Administration or extensive proven experience in a similar administrative role
- Provide high level and confidential secretarial and office administration to the Manager
- Coordinate and provide administrative support to the different functions of the Formation and Education team
- Assist the Manager with research and preparation of documentation
- Manage the administrative function of Formation and Education training, including placements, collating documentation, training materials, training records, awards of recognition, and information for reporting purposes.
- Maintain training records in an appropriate and suitable database format
- Maintain documentation to ensure that volunteers comply with the NSW Department of Education requirements, according to their annual assurance letter.
- Experience in organisation of events from start to end, including venue bookings, budget tracking, promotion, invitations and RSVP management, set up of venue and travel arrangements.
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Successful applicants must provide successful clearances in regard to Working with Children and Criminal background checks
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Diploma in Event Management or proven and extensive experience in organising events
In order to be considered for this role applicants must upload a current resume, cover letter and document outlining suitability by addressing the essential criteria above.
**Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria may mean that your application is not shortlisted.**
The successful applicant must have the right to work within Australia, hold a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or willing to obtain a WWCC, undergo a National Criminal Check, complete a Health Assessment Declaration, and hold a current Australian drivers licence.
For further information on the position description and the Diocese please contact Teresa Brierley - Director Pastoral Ministries on 02 4979 1157 or email@example.com
For all Human resources queries please contact Jessica Mattey – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5pm 5th April 2019