• A rare opportunity to join one of Newcastle’s top 5 employers • Permanent Full-time position
Position Description (PDF)
Pastoral Ministries, within the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle, has undergone a process of reimagining, renewal and rebuilding. A number of new positions have been identified, replacing previous roles within Pastoral Ministries, to assist the diocese in supporting the diocesan foundations of Worship and Prayer, Formation and Education and Mission and Outreach. The diocese sees this as an opportunity to continue to support parishes “as places for hearing God’s word, for growth in Christian life, for dialogue and proclamation, for charitable outreach and for worship and celebration” (EG n.28).
The purpose of this position is to develop and deliver formation, education and training to the members of our parishes, agencies and chancery in the areas of Formation and Education, Worship and Prayer, and Mission and Outreach.
The Diocesan Education Officer will provide support to those involved in ministries such as Special Religious Education, Sacraments of Initiation Programs, Seasons for Growth, Marriage and Relationship Education and the Pastoral Placement Program.
- Proven commitment to the Catholic Church and a passion for formation, education and mission
- Tertiary qualifications in Theology and/or Religious Education, or equivalent qualification
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (or a willingness to obtain)
- Experience in the teaching or pastoral practice in developing and implementing curriculum and faith formation materials, particularly to adults
- A well-developed prayer and faith life and a mature spirituality
- Excellent computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communicator with effective negotiation and influencing skills. Ability to tailor communication and course content for relevant audience
- Experience and willingness to work as part of a team and the capacity to work with volunteers
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Experience in Pastoral Ministries
In order to be considered for this role applicants must upload a current resume, cover letter and document outlining suitability by addressing the essential criteria above.
**Please note that not adequately addressing the selection criteria may mean that your application is not shortlisted.**
The successful applicant must have the right to work within Australia, hold a current Working With Children Check (WWCC) or willing to obtain a WWCC, undergo a National Criminal Check, complete a Health Assessment Declaration, and hold a current Australian drivers licence.
For further information on the position description and the Diocese please contact Teresa Brierley - Director Pastoral Ministries on 02 4979 1157 or email@example.com
For all Human Resources queries please contact Jessica Mattey – firstname.lastname@example.org