Position Description (PDF)
St Catherine Labouré Parish Gymea is a parish community committed to the ongoing spiritual and pastoral needs of its people. The Parish strives to support the ongoing needs of parishioners and strives to grow as an inclusive, vital and faithful Catholic community.
To meet the growing needs of the Parish, the position of Pastoral Services Leader has been created to support the parish in its mission by providing pastoral services to the parish community in support of the Parish Priest, Catechists and other parish volunteers.
The Pastoral Services Leader is a visible pastoral leader who is proactive in the organisation and provision of pastoral services in the parish. You will work closely with the parish community, Government Schools and the Parish School Leadership Team to lead and create opportunities that will enhance parish life and ultimately assist the Parish in its mission of pastoral outreach.
This position is part time, 4 days (30 hours) per week. Some weekend or after hours work is required. Flexibility exists for the successful applicant to negotiate preferred days and daily start/finishing times. Flexibility exists to negotiate preferred days and daily start/finishing times.
Key areas of responsibility for this position will be the following:
- Coordinating the Catechists and Special Religious Education in the four government schools within the parish boundaries
- Coordinating and running (with the support of volunteers) the Sacramental Program for children who do not attend the parish school
- Acting as Parish Safeguarding and Support Officer
- Assisting the Parish Priest with the formation of families for the Sacrament of Baptism
- Implementing and running (with the support of volunteers) a Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) program in the parish
- Visiting and bringing the Eucharist to ill and house bound parishioners
- Creating opportunities for youth in support of families within the parish community
The Pastoral Services Leader will ideally possess the following:
- A high level of computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- A high level of administration and communication skills
- A commitment to the Catholic faith and a familiarity with parish life
- Qualifications and/or experience in pastoral ministry and/or theology (desirable)
- A willingness to undertake Catechist, Safeguarding and Eucharistic ministry training
- A valid NSW Drivers Licence and own motor vehicle
- Ability to work flexibly with some weekend or after hours work
Enquiries and Application Process
For a confidential discussion and to obtain a copy of the Position Description please contact Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources on 0402 210 055 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include a cover letter which addresses the Key Requirements list above and resume and be sent to email@example.com
Applications close 28 March 2019
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.