The Little Company of Mary (LCM), a Catholic religious congregation, are seeking a qualified, experienced and committed person to join our unique Family Care Services Team based at Ryde. This service provides enhanced support services to religious Sisters residing in aged care.
The role will require a sound understanding of ageing and a special understanding of the needs of religious women. The service is responsive to changes and needs of the sisters on a daily basis, so the need to have great communication skills and ability to relate well to other team members is a given.
The service operates Monday to Saturday with a rotating roster for the weekends and out of hours on call. Ideally the candidate needs to be able to attend site in a timely manner if required.
Reporting to the Family Care Services Co-ordinator under direction of the Health and Wellbeing Co-ordinator, the successful applicant will satisfy the following essential requirements:
- Willing to work within the ethos of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary
- Commitment to the care and wellbeing of the Sisters including demonstrated experience (3 to 5 years’) in a health and aged care or related environment
- Certificate III/IV in aged or community care or related discipline
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Must have flexibility to be on call after hours on a roster basis
- Current Driving licence
This position is currently permanent part time with the possibility to work full time to cover leave.
A current national police check and working with vulnerable persons check are required.
Interviews will be conducted at Ryde - Applications close Wednesday 20th March.
For a copy of the Job Description please contact Sheila Scott on (02) 8567 0400 or Email: email@example.com
Applications to be received by email no later than Wednesday 20th March and include a letter of application addressing the essential requirements as outlined above. The application should also include a full curriculum vita.