The Bishop of Lismore is seeking to appoint a Director of Catholic Schools to lead and direct the educational mission of Catholic schools within the Diocese.
Reporting to the Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Ltd (DLCS), the successful applicant will have a strong commitment to the Catholic faith, with a proven track record of senior executive leadership in education, business or government. The position demands experience in leading a dynamic organisation within the complex and changing environment of Catholic education.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development, alignment, attainment and review of the vision, mission and strategic goals for the Catholic Schools Office (CSO), consistent with the vision, priorities and related policies of the DLCS;
- Overseeing the provision of high quality learning and effective teaching in schools;
- Ensuring that the educational mission of the Church is served in schools and the CSO through the development of committed and capable staff and the efficient use of physical resources;
- Building effective relationships with clergy, parishes, associations of parents and friends, other church agencies, and other interest groups; and
- Representing and advocating for the Diocese at state and national level in the development of the educational agenda and Catholic education.
For confidential enquiries and expressions of interest in this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or phone Ross Tarlinton OAM, Diocesan Director, Strategy & Governance on +61 2 6621 9444. An Information package will be provided to interested applicants.
Applications close Friday 22nd March 2019
Please note the successful applicant is subject to a National Criminal History Check and Working with Children Check.